• At full capacity, we can reach one third of the families that need CASTLE services.
• The financial need for this year is to raise $500,000 in the Treasure Coast Community.
• CASTLE was founded in 1981.
• We have 5 locations in St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River and Okeechobee Counties.
• Our success rate in keeping children from being abused is 98%.
Facts on Abuse
• 77% of children receive no services following an abuse investigation.
• 98% of abuse is committed by parents or someone known to the family.
• Crying, toilet training, and feeding are the most common triggers of physical abuse.
• An ounce of prevention... it is 10 times less expensive to prevent abuse than to intervene after abuse has occurred.
• Florida has a death rate from child abuse, twice as high as the national average.